How long will my soffit and fascia last?
- Our soffit and fascia are made from pre
-finished aluminum and this material is very durable. Our soffit and fascia are designed to last, adding value to your home for many years.
Is my home ready for new fascia boards?
- Replacement of fascia is normal when a home approaches 20 years of age, but it could be needed earlier — if there is rot due to water damages for example. If you see this, call Dynamic Gutters for a complete inspection by our specialists.
Do I need to clean my soffit and fascia?
- In this part of the world most residential areas experience rainfall sufficient to keep the soffit and fascia surfaces clean, but we do recommend that the soffit and fascia be washed at least once every year.
What happens if I have a problem with my soffit and fascia?
- If you think you have a problem, please contact our customer service by phone or by using our online form.
The customer service department can then determine what caused the problem and come up with a solution.
What’s a funnel and clean out box?
- The funnel is the V
-shaped attachment at the top of your downspout that allows gutter debris to easily pass. The debris then gets collected in the clean out box at a convenient height where it is easily removed.
Do Alu-Rex products work on plastic or vinyl gutters?
- No. Alu-Rex products have been tested on a number of plastic and vinyl gutters. These did not meet the rigorous quality standards of Alu-Rex.
Do wet leaves stick to Alu-Rex products?
- Only temporarily. Alu-Rex products boast a smooth, perforated surface. Leaves and debris that land on the surface of Alu-Rex products dry quickly in the sun.
A little wind is all it takes to sweep away dry leaves and debris:
- A 10-km/h wind effectively removes wet leaves and about 100 pine needles per linear foot. A 37-km/h wind can remove about an inch (2.5 cm) of pine needles per linear foot.
How do Alu-Rex products stand up to snow?
- Alu-Rex products significantly reduce the weight of snow on your gutters. Since the snow can’t get into the gutters, the weight they have to carry is limited to whatever accumulates on the top. At the same time, your gutters remain fully functional so water from melting snow and ice can drain away freely.
Without Alu-Rex products, the gutters—already clogged with leaves and debris—fill up with snow and ice, keeping them from doing their job and draining water away in spring. Plus they have to bear more weight.
Do T-Rex or the Gutter Clean System help to form ice?
- Not at all! Water continuously drains into the downspout because nothing can block it from draining – not debris, not snow. With Alu-Rex products and the Alu-Perf technology, your gutters work all year round.
Alu-Rex products do not cause ice formation. If ice forms on the edge of the roof, we recommend that you check that the attic space is adequately ventilated and insulated.
Can installation of Alu-Rex products lead to leaks in my roof?
- No. Alu-Rex products do not cause leaks. Shingles are not raised and no nails or screws go into the roof during the installation.
Beware of look-alike products that require you to lift shingles. These products can lead to leaks. In time, the asphalt shingles dry out and become brittle. It’s never a good idea to lift shingles when installing gutter protections systems, whether they’re nailed in, screwed on, or simply set in place.
Also, the manufacturer’s warranty on asphalt shingles is void when the shingles are lifted, peeled away, or modified.
What is the maximum weight my gutter can support when fastened with the T-Rex® system?
- The maximum weight your gutter can bear with T-Rex® is 250 lb. per linear foot (373 kg per linear metre). That’s 50% stronger than with spikes or hangers.
Is the photo of the three men hanging from the gutter real or edited?
- This photo is real and has not been doctored in any way. Three men can hang from a gutter installed with the T-Rex® continuous fastening system for new gutters.
Are there restrictions on using the T-Rex® continuous fastening system?
- The only restriction is to be sure the fascia board is not inclined. This is very rare; however, the Gutter Clean System® will still work with gutters installed on inclined fascia boards.
What is the point of using T-Rex® if there are no trees near my home?
- It may seem unnecessary to use the T-Rex® continuous gutter fastening system if there are no trees around your home, but T-Rex’s main strength lies in its robust strength, durability, and quality.
With T-Rex®, your gutters will be stronger and more durable than any others. Your gutters will still be in perfect condition after 25, 30, and even 40 years!
People who buy the T-Rex® system want what’s best for their gutters, just as they do for their doors, windows, or other components of their home.
Why is the T-Rex® continuous fastening system better than spikes, screws, and hangers?
- Spikes, screws, and hangers provide a certain degree of strength, but only over a few inches to either side of them. The spaces between the spikes/screws/hangers are weak.
With T-Rex®, your gutter is equally solid across its entire length. There are no weak spots.
What’s the difference between Alu-Rex’s Gutter Clean System® and T-Rex® products?
- The Gutter Clean System® is a gutter protection system that prevents leaves and debris from getting in and clogging the existing gutters. This product is simply placed on your home’s existing gutters.
T-Rex® is a continuous fastening system for new gutters that very securely fastens gutters to your home, making them 50% stronger than traditional systems.
Both products use the same Alu-Perf technology, which prevents leaves and debris from building up in your gutters.
Do Alu-Rex products require upkeep?
- The Gutter Clean System® and T-Rex® are among the most efficient gutter protection systems on the market today.
In the vast majority of cases, a light breeze is enough to sweep away normal debris. In areas under the roof or under shallow overhangs on sloped roofs, debris may build up where the wind cannot reach it.
We recommend that you occasionally clean out these areas to keep your Alu-Rex products in good working order.
I’m going to be changing my gutters soon. Should I install the T-Rex® or Gutter Clean System®?
- T-Rex® is the best choice! Both products can be installed to protect your gutters from leaves and debris, but only T-Rex® makes your new gutters 50% stronger than conventional systems.
Since there’s no significant difference in installation costs, take advantage of the strength and durability of T-Rex®!
I’ve had my gutters for a long time. Will Alu-Rex products work on my existing gutters?
- Yes. The Gutter Clean System® works with 4 in. (10.1 cm), 5 in. (12.7 cm), and 6 in. (15.2 cm) gutters made of steel, aluminum, copper, or zinc.
My new gutters will be either 5 in. or 6 in. wide. Can I use T-Rex® for both sizes?
- Yes. The T-Rex® continuous gutter fastening system is perfect for steel, aluminum, or zinc gutters that are 5 in. (12.7 cm) and 6 in. (15.2 cm) wide.
How does water get into the gutter when using the Gutter Clean System?
- The exclusive Alu-Perf technology is the result of extensive research and development. The product has 489 holes every 19 inches (48 cm). This allows water to drain at the same rate as a 2 in. x 3 in. (5 cm x 7.5 cm) downspout.
Rigorous testing by an independent certification agency has proven that Alu-Rex products can drain over 32.9 in. (836 mm) of water an hour over a length of 20 feet (6 m). And with 44,000,000 feet (13,411,200 metres) of Alu-Rex products installed around the world, the figures speak for themselves…
Note: The highest amount of rainfall ever recorded worldwide was 12 in. (305 mm) of water in one hour (Holt, MO, 1947). In comparison, the 1996 Saguenay Flood in Quebec was triggered by 11 in. (275 mm) of rain in three days. Alu-Rex products would have been able to handle all that rain in just one hour—and three times more!
Overflow is usually caused by the gutters themselves (not wide enough or deep enough for the roof surface) or the downspouts (insufficient number for the roof’s surface). It is important to make sure there are enough downspouts to avoid this problem. For this purpose, you need to keep in mind that one downspout is enough to drain the equivalent of a 600 sq. ft. (56 m2) roof.
In short, if you don’t have backflow problems with your current gutters in heavy rainfalls, the Gutter Clean System® and T-Rex® won’t create them.
Do Alu-Rex products rust or flake?
- No. Alu-Rex products are made of aluminum, zinc, and copper. They will never rust. They come directly from our supplier’s plant in the natural colours of the materials. The finish is guaranteed for 25 years.
My neighbour’s gutter protection system sticks out like a sore thumb and changes the look of his house. Will Alu-Rex products be the same?
- No. Alu-Rex products are practically invisible from the ground.
Does the Gutter Clean System® work with all types of spikes and hangers, including screw-on hangers?
- Absolutely. There is a model for every setup. There’s even a version of the Gutter Clean System that can be installed on screw-on hangers. All models offer the same great results.
What kind of warranty does Alu-Rex offer?
- Alu-Rex products come with a 25-year warranty on performance, quality and finish.
Aren’t metal grills or plastic meshing enough for my home?
- It’s tempting to believe that a simple plastic mesh that sells for $4 per 20 foot (6.1 meter) roll can do the job, but this just isn’t the case.
The openings in these products are much too large. Debris can get inside and leaves get stuck. This clogs the gutters and will turn into fertile soil for plants to grow in.
These alternative products are not rigid enough to hold their form, and bend under the snow and ice.
In short, these products will still force you to periodically climb a ladder to clear out your gutters.